4 More Hours until I'll be admitted to St. Joe East to be induced!! What are you supposed to do on the day before your baby arrives? Well, I got up, ate some cereal, took a bath and shaved my legs, made the bed, did some laundry, got a haircut, ate lunch with Mom, watched some Olympics action on TV, and now adding all the things I "might" need to my hospital bags.
Ben worked today and should be home shortly. We're going to have a normal evening here, finishing up chores, eating dinner in, and then we'll head to the hospital around 8 pm, just in time to watch the UK game hopefully.
The plan is to start a slow drip IV of Pitosin tonight and if my water hasn't broke by 6 am, my doctor said she would break it for me to help my contractions progress along. I hope it doesn't take too terribly long after that, maybe by noon?? to start pushing. Kaitlin and Mom are going to be at the hospital with us, and I've got an army of people praying for us.
I called my friend who is a nurse at St. Joe East and she got me set up with a nurse that she recommends for tomorrow. She said they're all great, but this one in particular is halarious and everybody loves her. I hope humor is what I'll want when in labor, but I don't know???
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all of your support throughout the entire pregnancy. I told Mom that this is like a chapter of my life coming to an end and a new chapter beginning-- heck, it actually feels like a whole new book beginning.
I was like waterworks last night thinking about what Ben and I have coming to an end, but I am very excited to bring Avery into this wonderful family. It's just hard saying goodbye to what I'm used to...just the two of us.
I also cried on my way to work on Wednesday thinking about leaving all those little angels, but then realized quickly as the day progressed, that I think I'll manage just fine. :)My last day of work went well. The kids were very excited about the baby, but I don't think realized that I am taking 12 weeks off. One kid asked, "So I won't see you until I'm a third grader?"
Sara will be here on Saturday, and Kelley on Wednesday. Mom is pretty adamant about them not meeting their niece on Facebook, so pictures may take awhile to be put up. Plus, babies are always cuter after three days rather than three minutes. Who knows, we may all agree that she is the cutest baby we have ever seen and decide that posting pictures just can't wait. :)
Thanks for everything!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment